Friday, August 26, 2011

So it begins..

I've taken many English classes in my lifetime. Since kindergarten I have always been tought the ways of grammar and reading. Personally, reading bores me to a partial death. Im a good reader, at least i like to think so. Reading has just never hit the spot of interest. Although; this is an English class and im sure there will a significat amount of reading, since its more Science based im hoping it will keep my interest. My goals for this class is to hopefully gain more interest in English. Grammar has no difficulty in it's meaning for me. I have always been great at Grammar. However, I've been out of school for two years and may have lost my touch. I want to be able to get my skills in writing back and to maybe even gain a slight interest in reading. Since my major is focused on Meteorology that's an obvious sign that i like Science. A goal of mine is to learn a correct way of writing to Scientific audiences. I will most likely need to have that known skill, so having a good amount of knowledge and practice will be very beneficial. Its been a couple of years since i've been in college, so i hope i can take the experience from this class and get in the swing of things again. Out of all of my classes, i actually understand this subect. Hopefully that will help me to succeed and enjoy college from the start. So it begins.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that I can help you get back into the swing of things. Be sure to make use of your resources: the writing center is a great help, and you can always come talk to me!

    ReplyDelete