Saturday, September 17, 2011

Paper One

If i had the chance to go back in time and re-do my paper, i definately would! It took me a while to find a PDF article for this assignment, and frustrated me to the point where i felt like i wasnt going to be able to do well on the paper. When i first started the paper, i had legitimate writers block. It's been 2 years since ive had to write a paper after graduating highschool. Once i caught back into the writing routine it seemed easier for me. I know i loved to write in highschool and did very well. As for college, i tend to think i do well and then get my grade and obviously i need practice. I would have made a more thorough outline so i could start my paper easier. I also found myself trying to think of more topics to bring up to make it the 4 page length. The more detailed outline would have helped. I would have also started it sooner. Quite honestly, its normal to be a procrastinator in our generation. Let's be honest here. However, starting the paper sooner than i did would have given me more time to make it better. Within the second half of my rough draft, i decided it would be a good idea to do my paper with a football game one and surrounded by a bunch of friends. That was a big mistake. I felt like i wrote random sentences. Therefore, my rough draft was literally "rough". With the weather change, having a head cold tempted me to miss a class to go over the rough draft, so i didnt get the necessary help i wish i could have gotten. The last small mistake, that i didnt realize, was typing my paper in a note pad instead of using Microsoft Word. My paper ended up being a lot shorter and the spacing was not similar, so i didnt meet the 4 page requirement. Lesson learned, that th generic NotePad will not allow you to pass a writing class. All in all, more effort in making sure the paper is perfect. In my opinion at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment